1 puff pastry sheet, store-bought
1 egg, whisked
A handful of finely chopped parsley
1 cup mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup ricotta cheese
A heaping tablespoon crème fraiche or sour cream, or cream cheese
A dozen artichoke hearts, jarred ones
1 to 2 tablespoons capers
1 Serrano pepper, thinly sliced
Basil or cilantro
Salt and pepper
1. Preheat the oven at 400°F or 205°C.
2. Roll the pastry sheet to 0.5 cm or 1/4 inches. Trim the pastry into a 12 x 9 inch rectangle (or 30 x 23 cm). Sketch a border around the pastry using your knife. You can layer the excess dough over the borders and create a rim for the dough.
3. Brush the edges of the pastry with egg. Combine the mozzarella, ricotta, parsley, crème fraiche, remaining egg (from brushing the pastry), salt and pepper in a bowl.
4. Spread the cheese filling all over the pastry. Arrange the artichoke hearts, Serrano peppers, and capers on top, and bake for 25-30 minutes. You can broil the tart for 2 mins at the end.
5. Finish off the tart with shaved Parmesan, cilantro, and lemon zest on top.