Soft, moist and simple to make, this no fuss pumpkin olive oil bread is completely inviting!
3-1/4 oz. (3/4 cup) whole wheat flour
3 oz. (2/3 cup) unbleached all-purpose flour
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp. table salt
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 cup canned pumpkin purée
1/3 cup light olive oil
1/3 cup honey
2 Tbs. unsalted pumpkin seeds
• Preheat the oven to 325ºF. Grease a 9×5-inch loaf pan with nonstick spray and set aside.
• In a large bowl, whisk together the whole wheat flour, all-purpose flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
• In a medium bowl, whisk together the brown sugar, eggs until well combined. Add in the olive oil, pumpkin puree and honey and whisk again until well combined.
• Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl with the dry ingredients and mix until just combined (don’t over-mix!). Transfer the batter to the prepared pan and spread evenly with a spatula. Sprinkle with the pumpkin seeds pressing down lightly.
• Bake for about 45 to 50 minutes, or until a cake tester inserted into the middle comes out clean. (If the bread begins to brown too much before it is fully baked, lay a piece of aluminum foil on top)
• Set the pan on a wire rack and allow to cool for 15 minutes and then transfer the bread to a rack to cool completely before slicing.
Original recipe inspired from The Taunton Press and fine cooking